Head of R&D (M/F)
Directs a team of senior and junior scientists that evaluates new methods, develops and validates multiplex real time PCR procedures, new methods, and conducts custom projects in a dynamic, molecular laboratory specializing in production of diagnostic products.
Responsible for establishing and adhering to timelines, manage a number of projects simultaneously, developing budgets and tracking ongoing costs and communicating to internal and external stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly lead the different Assay Development Group, and contribute to the leadership and management.
- Interface directly with external clients to determine requirements for special projects and develop experimental approaches to meet these requirements. Maintain an appropriate balance between existing capabilities and the development of new capabilities. Provide leadership to cross-functional teams to deliver special projects.
- Develop and optimize multiplex Real-time PCR assays for diagnostic products in concordance with ISO13485
- Directly, or through staff, determine an appropriate level of testing, verification and/or validation for new assay, new technology platforms and test procedures and develop corresponding plans and summary reports commensurate with Quality Systems requirements.
- Responsible for projecting capacity, costs, personnel, equipment, reagents and time requirements for test procedures and/or technology platforms being developed or implemented
- Transition newly developed test procedures to production, coordinate with Operations to finalize training recommendations and requirements, and train personnel on new test procedures as needed.
- Critically review new technology on an ongoing basis
- Maintain a strong external scientific presence.
- Function in an international team environment, recognizing that priorities will shift according to business needs and maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Master's degree or PhD in Biology or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 8 years molecular biology lab experience, with solid experience in a commercial setting and at least three years direct experience in a leadership role
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, and close attention to detail are essential
- Direct experience managing high-performing teams and developing team members
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Superior oral and written communications skills
- Proficient user of standard office productivity software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, along with basic statistical analysis.
- High flexibility
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential. Any other European language is an advantage
- Willingness to travel
The position will be based in Luxembourg.
If you feel that our job profile matches your qualifications and personality, please do not hesitate and send us your application in English, including CV, covering letter and your expected salary, by post or email to the following address:
Fast Track Diagnostics S.à.r.l.
Ms. Elisabeth CHACTOURA
29, rue Henri Koch- L-4354/ Esch s/ Alzette