Ease Of Use
At Fast Track Diagnostics, we specialise in multiplexing, where all our kits are based on the same, simple protocols.
The term, multiplex, refers to the fact that the detection of more than one pathogen is carried out at the same time on the same PCR run. The technique is useful for simultaneous identification of viruses, bacteria, fungi and/or parasites.
Our assays can be used on a range of samples, including tissue from biopsies or necropsies, blood, feces, nails, sputum, cerebrospinal fluid, and swabs of mucosal surfaces.
Every kit is available in two sizes suitable for use in small and large laboratories. Reagents can be aliquoted according to the needs of the lab so there is complete flexibility. 32 reaction kits allow 1 to 30 patient samples to be tested per run, and 64 reaction kits allow 1 to 62 patient samples to be tested per run. Variable numbers of patient samples within these ranges can be tested per run and enough control is supplied in each kit to do this, so there is no need to order extra controls for small run usage.
All reagents included
Every kit contains all the reagents necessary including:
- Optimised primer and probe mixes - each tube contains enough mix for the detection of up to 4 pathogens corresponding with the number of channels used for detection by the real-time PCR instrument. Therefore, depending on the number of pathogens detected by each kit, this can be 1 to 8 tubes.
- Positive control - a plasmid pool for every pathogen included in the kit confirms the performance of the primers and probes and the PCR set-up (Note: positive control is never extracted).
- Negative control - confirms no contamination.
- Internal control - added to every sample and the negative control before extraction. The internal control checks for extraction efficiency, pipetting errors AND sample inhibition (Note: internal control is never added to postive control).
- Fast track mastermix - one step enzyme plus buffer.
Detailed information on the PCR set-up and kit protocols can be found in the the Product manual for each kit.